
Carrie Ann has blessed our church on several occasions with her dancing, and I was privileged to help commemmorate the earning of her pointe shoes! Carrie Ann's Dad works with my hubby, so when her Mom called saying, "I know this isn't your thing, but I was wondering..." I'll admit to being nervous, but I knew I couldn't say no! Carol had studio photos in mind, sans the studio... It ended up being a super fun challenge! Thank you for stretching me, Carol! (And Carrie Ann... Literally: She was "stretching" me at one point during the shoot; showing me how to elongate my neck, and tuck this in, and straighten that out... ;0) ) In the end, I love the lighting and overall effect our outdoor, bright new concrete "studio" gave us:

(I love the timeless feel of that photo! Carrie Ann's gaze is so piercing. I think it looks like it could have been taken any time in the last 100 years or so!)




One of my favorites from the session:

Carrie Ann's younger brother, Ryan, dances too. He came along (okay, so he was drug along) to jump into a few of the photos, and I talked him into showing off a few of his amazing tap moves:


Thanks again for the fun challenge, Carol! And thanks for the fun outing!! We don't get near enough time together, so hanging out with you was just as fun as taking pictures. ;0)
To book a wedding or session, e-mail me at jamie.zanotti@gmail.com