Wednesday, December 16, 2009

These are a few of my favourite things...

Cue the Mary Poppins music...

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
brown paper packages tied up with strings,
these are a few of my favorite things..."

You're welcome. For me sticking that song in your head. ;0) Sorry, but that's all I could think of as I went to do this post... about some of my latest, greatest, favorite things!

Need some ridiculously cute hair flowers? Need some inspiration for coordinating your family's photo shoot attire? Need a gorgeous, untapped place to get married? Well, here are a few resources for you:


Mindy saved Christmas! Mindy Strauss is a Portland area photog who also offers some of her amazing artwork and other creations on Etsy. I needed some one-of-a-kind, can't-find-'em-at-the-mall hair accessories for my niece for Christmas, and Mindy custom designed these gorgeous fabric flower clips:






Check out her baby/toddler headbands and get more information by clicking here for Mindy's headband blog. Thanks again for crafting these treasures for me, Mindy! I LOVE 'em!!! (And thanks again for the permission to post your snapshots of them!)


Are you fashion challenged, like me? Fortunately for me, my sis-in-law used to work for an upscale shop, and loves all things clothing... and shoes. And accessories. Like shoes. ;0) She also does photography on the coast, and I convinced her to put together some style guides for her clients. They're awesome, and she graciously offered that I could share them with you here, too. So if you've got a family session on the horizon, check these out. They're a great example of layering, and accessorizing, without getting too matchy-matchy:

Guide #1:


Guide #2:



And finally, I want to tell you about East Lake Resort in Central Oregon. Our log home dealers (my hubby and I built our little log home), Cliff and Chris Wheeler of Baker Pond Log Works, told me about this place. Some friends of theirs own it, and asked Cliff to build an altar of sorts so their daughter could get married there earlier this year. In classic Cliff fashion, the structure was being referred to as the "chapel" by the time he was done with it... ;0) Isn't Cliff's "chapel", and this whole setting, breathtaking?

(Thanks, Chris, for letting me post your picture!)

If you're interested in getting more information about doing a wedding at East Lake, e-mail Kathy Jones through their website. The only hitch is, if you end up getting married here, you have to let me photograph your wedding. ;0) Oh, how I would love to capture a wedding at East Lake!

Well, I hope you have enjoyed this little departure from my standard fare of photos! Stay tuned for your regularly scheduled programming... ;0)

To book a wedding or session, e-mail me at jamie.zanotti@gmail.com