Sunday, May 16, 2010

Family: The G's ... Eugene Oregon Portraits



Okay, so I'm rewinding a bit... Over Mother's Day Weekend, while I was in Idaho/Washington with Amber, I had the privilege of snapping a few pics of Amber and her beautiful Mom (whom I have already mentally categorized as one of my "other" Moms--she's AWESOME!!), and Amber's kids. The sun had already set, so it was a QUICK venture into the gorgeous yard of her folks' country home, but I do love these photos! (For the photography-minded: The above photo was taken at ISO 640, f/2, 1/100 on a 5D with an 85mm 1.2.)



I met Amber online as we were both waiting to bring our sons home from Liberia, West Africa... And we met in person for the first time in Africa! How crazy is that?!

I rarely strike up "conversations" with people online, but God showed me through Amber that there really are some legitimate "kindred spirits" to be found on the internet... And I had the great honor of meeting another one on my way home!

I have admired Bethany F and her work for years, and had the pure joy of sitting down in a Portland cafe with her before I drove the rest of the way home from the airport. She was everything I suspected: real, and warm, and full of substance! (One thing I didn't expect was how hilarious she is! The girl is FUNNY!!) Thanks so much, Bethany! I look forward to spending more time with you down the road!

To book a wedding or session, e-mail me at jamie.zanotti@gmail.com