Friday, February 19, 2010

A little more love...



So, this isn't exactly photography-related, but sometimes the artistic bent goes beyond photography, so I thought I'd share this idea for any of you who are interested... One of my favorite things to do as a homeschooling Mom is to craft alongside my kids. I sometimes do what they're doing, and sometimes do something similar, but with a bit of grown-up flair. While they were crafting their Valentine's Cards this year, I made this card for Corey. I'm calling it my winter heart tree. I love the white on brown, and it was a fun way to use up paper scraps (by punching hearts and birds--and in Kendra's and Micah's case, sharks and dinosaurs and all kinds of unique "leaves"--out of the scrap papers)!

I'm not going to tell you all the mushy-gushy stuff I wrote on the inside, but I do want to share how truly, truly blessed I am by my husband. As I reflected on I Corinthians 13, I realized that I have been given a man who fully embodies what love is: He is patient. (In the extreme.) He is kind. He does not envy. He does not boast. He is not proud. (He is supremely humble, despite his many accomplishments.) He is not rude. He is not self-seeking. (He lays down his life for me, and our children, daily.) He is not easily angered. He keeps no record of wrongs. (This could possibly be due in part to his terribly bad memory! LOL.) He does not delight in evil. He rejoices with the truth. He always protects. He always trusts. He always hopes. He always perseveres. His love for me and our family never fails. Honey: Thank you so, so much for loving me and our family like you do, and for setting this beautiful example for us. I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Whew. Enough of the touchy-feely for now... ;0) ...back to the crafty stuff: This tree could be fun as a spring tree, or an Easter tree, or any number of things! So grab a punch or two, and some scrap papers, and give 'er a go!

To book a wedding or session, e-mail me at jamie.zanotti@gmail.com