
When Becky (the B girls' Mom) and I planned this session last fall, she asked for my thoughts, and I suggested COLOR. I enjoy the muted browns of winter, but sometimes it's nice to go urban in the dead of winter, and have fun with colorful walls, and chunky benches full of texture, and bright accessories, and such. Boy, did Becky ever come through! I was thoroughly delighted when the girls showed up in their rain boots and jackets:

As I was processing their images, I found that I really liked them in pumpernickel (like below) and mica, too! I usually like to go monochromatic with images when there's a great pattern and/or texture, and their outfits had it all... fabulous color, plus pattern and texture! The shimmer of their jackets + the patterns on their boots + the iron and gritty wood we had here and there for backdrops + the brick + the lines of the siding = AWESOME, in either color or monochrome:

Big sis Nicole:

Middle sis Nichelle:


I love the "dog pile love" feel of this one:




Little sis Neisha:



As I always do with clients, I asked Becky if there were certain shots she was looking for... She completely made my day when she replied, "Oh, just something creative..." How fun is THAT?! Every time I'd go to set up something zany, she'd say, "Oh, that's cute!" And I'd think, "I love her." ;0)

I'll leave you with some "photojournalistic-esque" snaps from the "in-between" moments as we walked around... These girls are SO. MUCH. FUN. You can absolutely feel the love and joy between these three:





Becky, Nicole, Nichelle, and Neisha: Thank you so much for such a FUN afternoon! Let's do it again tomorrow! ;0)
To book a wedding or session, e-mail me at jamie.zanotti@gmail.com