Friday, October 23, 2009

Family: The G's



Last time Amber and her family were over, I had hoped to do a session for them, but I didn't know Amber gets carsick... so of course, I took them on a VERY winding, hilly excursion through the country to get to our spot, only to have Amber bail out of the car and spend a good 20 minutes flat on her back trying to recover... Needless to say, she wasn't real up for pictures. ;0( I felt awful! But thankfully, I got a 2nd chance earlier this week. She wanted fall foliage, and "some of that JAZ urban color", as she calls it. I think we did pretty well! First up, the fall foliage portion of their session:


How blessed I am to have a friend who just oozes sweetness out of every pore like this:



Apparently, Jo informed Amber before the shoot that she had come up with a pose she'd be using throughout the session. LOL! Only a photographer's daughter... Here you have it:


We first met Henry in Africa, shortly after we met Peter and Amber! (We were both there to meet our sons and bring them home.) My heart is so full and happy every time I lay eyes on this amazing child, who is my Micah's "Africa Buddy":


I LOVE this series:








Amber wanted a series of four with Jo and her having fun... I was fairly tickled with our outdoor "photobooth" of golden fall leaves:











I guess maybe when Amber said she wanted "fall" pictures, Henry decided to enact the other meaning of the word...


Now, when Amber said she wanted that "JAZ color", I thought she might just be being nice, since her style has traditionally been more "Little House on the Prairie"-ish. But when she whipped out the purple and yellow, and showed up with a sassy new red hairdo to boot, I knew she was serious. And I was in heaven!






I also love this one processed like so:


Don't kill me for posting this one, A. It's just too irresistible...






Thanks SO much for this privilege, G Fam! You know I love you!!!

To book a wedding or session, e-mail me at jamie.zanotti@gmail.com