
A friend once told me, "It's not my story; it's God's." I had been praising her up one side and down the other for repeatedly and publicly laying bare some pain from her past to inspire teens toward choosing well in their lives, as she told her story in middle schools and high schools throughout our state. I was more than a bit in awe of how she could pour herself out over and over, day after day, year after year. I said something to the effect of, "Your story is just so powerful! And I admire you for being so brave and willing to share it like you do." She replied, "It's not my story; it's God's. I gave it to Him a long time ago, and it's His to use as He chooses." That was years upon years ago, but I've never forgotten it.
I now find myself alongside another brave friend, and she has urged me to share some of her images, and her story, in the hope and faith that it might minister to someone reading.
Meet Elizabeth... Teacher. Decorator. Camper. (Well, as long as it's only a night or two. ;0) ) Avid reader. Cook.
Birthmother.
Elizabeth has made the courageous decision to make an adoption plan for her unborn daughter, and this session was for her baby girl. As an Adoptive Mama myself, I know how much my two kids treasure the maternity pictures we have of their Birthmothers, and I was filled to overflowing with gratitude to have a role in the making of such a gift.

I was thrilled with how these orchard pics came out! So ethereal, and storybook feeling. Which is perfect symbolism in my mind, for several reasons. One is Elizabeth's afore-said love of books, particularly classics. Doesn't she just look like she's walking in a storybook here? She also told me that one of the confirmations she had that she has chosen the right adoptive family came when she and the Adoptive Mom bonded over their mutual love of Wuthering Heights. Baby girl, you're going to be a reader. You might as well resign yourself to that fact right now. You're surrounded! ;0)

I have learned (largely through miscarriage) to celebrate life fully. No matter how fleeting, no matter the timing... no matter what! As you can see from the pure joy radiating out of her face, Elizabeth knows how to celebrate life in any and all circumstances, too. She loves this baby girl!






Elizabeth, I love you very much, and thank you for the high honor of capturing these. I pray rich blessings for you, your baby girl, and her adoptive family as our Lord reveals the coming chapters in each of your stories.
To book a wedding or session, e-mail me at jamie.zanotti@gmail.com