


We had sooooo much fun yesterday!!! Thank you so much to all of you who made the drive to join us! I really, really, really enjoyed my time with you!! I L.O.V.E. photographing HS Senior Girls, so the "practice portrait session" was my favorite part. Just look at our FUN models!! ...but we'll come back to them in a second.
It was the first ever JAZ Workshop 201, a.k.a. the "field" edition. We got out from under our notes, and headed outdoors for LOTS of practice! We started out our day with a dunes hike, taking our time and getting all the basics ironed out. I was so proud of everyone, shooting in manual the whole time!!! Check 'em out:

After a lunch of evaluating and processing some of our hike photos, we met up with Jordan, Mistie, and Samantha. I did their senior photos last fall, and they were all gracious enough to make the trek over to the coast and brave the cold winds so we could have some models to practice on. (To see some of Jordan's session, click here, to see some of Mistie's session, click here, and to see some of Samantha's session, click here!) Thank you SO much, you three!

It was a fun challenge to be giving direction to both the models and the workshop crew at the same time... and trying to grab some good images all the while, too... but really, with the great locations Florence has to offer (I can't wait to get back and shoot at these spots some more!), and the super accommodating Jordan, Mistie, and Samantha, you just can't go wrong! Here are some more favs:

I love how the grass is reflecting in Samantha's earrings here:


This image is one of those rare ones where I just can't decide which finish (poppins, mica, or pumpernickel) I prefer, so I'm sharing all three...
In "poppins", I love the repetition of the gold tones in Mistie's hair, and her jewelry, and even in the rust in the background:

In "mica", I love the variety of elements that seem to be brought out-- the polka dot pattern, the rustic textures of the boat contrasted with the soft glitter of her jewelry, etc.:

In "pumpernickel", I love the vintage feeling that is emphasized by the polka dots and the shirred sleeves:


I love how the "pumpernickel" finish brings out the texture in this one... in the bark, in Samantha's shimmery shirt (which almost looks platinum to me here), and in her bangle bracelets:

I guess I was on a texture kick! Mistie's hair almost blends in with the beach grass here:



Jordan's laugh makes me smile. Big. ;0) I could post pictures of these gracious, beautiful girls all day long, but I'll leave you with this one, because I'm sure Jordan's laugh will put a smile on your face, too:

Edited to add: My sis-in-law, and fellow photog, joined up with us for the last few hours of the workshop. I was so thankful! I was running on two hours of sleep and was starting to drag... but it's so fun to work alongside Ashley, and her arrival was just the shot in the arm I needed! Thanks so much, sis!! Check out some of the images she snagged here on her photography blog! And here are a couple that she snagged of yours truly in action (LOL!):

Who knows what I was doing here!? Maybe trying to take flight... Now you know why my place is behind the camera:


To book a wedding or session, e-mail me at jamie.zanotti@gmail.com